Sunday, August 18, 2013

Goals for the year

I have goals for the new year, they aren't so much reflective of things I want to do within the classroom, as they are more the way's for me to be within the classroom. These are area's I want to improve on, and know I can improve on.


  • Reflect daily, you bought yourself the Day One app to make reflection quick and easy, use it!
  • Treat my students with grace and kindness. 
  • Remember to use positive reinforcement. 
  • Praise, praise, and praise.
  • As much as these guys start to love sarcasm and joking, resist joining them in that temptation.
  • Stand at my door daily to greet them, even when the morning can take 20 minutes to settle in (from the warning bell to the start of day is about 15 minutes) - A lot of my kids make it in before that warning bell (this means I can spend 20 minutes greeting kids)... Sometimes I get distracted and leave my post. I'm going to put a stool there and enjoy my coffee as they enter. Time for chat and relationship building. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback!