Monday, August 19, 2013

Made - it on Monday

I had these terrible 'used to be lime green' but had since faded to a 'puke type' color- pillows from IKEA which were years old. I was about to toss them this weekend, when I decided I could repurpose them into something much better. 

So alas, I took some fabric and stitched a bit to create two new pillows for my reading nook in the classroom. My classroom is tight on space, and last year I did not have any area to read (or even a bookshelf) - it is my hope that these will get used this year!




I love the apples on the green fabric, the teacher in me bought the fabric just for the apple pattern. I won't lie. I paired the green apple fabric with a contrasting red and yellow chickadee pattern, I love how they both turned out! 

I will post pictures of their home in the classroom when I get in there again. 
Not as quick as a solid pillowcase, but I was using leftovers from quilting fabrics which meant thinking about how I was going to piece them together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback!