Thursday, September 5, 2013

Classroom Digs



The front entrance & only entrance in. 
View from slightly inside the door. Yes I have awesome and wonderful windows. I love them. 
Lockers along the wall, these are the bane of my existence. 
We have zero built in storage compared to our other classrooms, we are in portables. 
What will hopefully be a small group table, or quiet space.  
The white pieces stuck to the door will be moved to lockers for vertical space and group problem solving. While the lined piece stays where it is and is either a draft space when we get going with writing, or vertical space for math and other subjects. It is a huge magnet which is shaped like loose leaf. I use it to model organization and writing throughout the year. 
The back of the classroom is for literacy. We have a in progress CAFE board along the top. 
Writing VOICES, word wall, and under it will be content vocabulary words. The door eventually gets covered with prompts and cues for the writing process. 5-1 is for a anxiety/stress scale (we are big on self control and mental health in my room.) Then we have my bookshelf. 
It's small! It is also more than I had last year! Books, stuffies, some pillows, I'm hoping to get awesome and make some bean bag chairs. We shall see. I have a sentsy, plant, and globe along the top. Ideally there will be more green living things (lavender) and a lamp in the future. 
The posters are literary based and meaningful OR intended to support diversity and mental health. 
Behind the shelf we have a listening station. We are a BYOD school, so I try and emphasize appropriate tech use whenever I can in my room. I have a single shared class computer next to the listening station. 
This is my only full sized bulletin board, it is for displaying student work!

My teacher desk eats space!!!! As you can see from this photo, it honestly consumes an entire corner.
 The start of it. 
Middle portion
It's quite sincerely not that messy :)
The rest of the beast. 
I do have storage, it is just either not functional, nor enough... I'm planning on organizing into tubs, I just haven't gotten there yet. 
The students have magazine files to keep their desks slightly less full. 
My small group table. 
Front and centre in the room. I love reading from that school. 
Yes I have a smart board, and a document camera! The wind chimes are for grabbing focus. 

Last space. Calendar, outcomes and exit slips!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback!